четверг, 18 апреля 2013 г.

My Native Land Ukraine. 
Ольга Седая. 
8 Form A, High School №5
t.Pavlograd  
Ukraine
Project of investigation
I live in Dnipropetrovsk region. It is in the south - east of Ukraine, in the middle and law stream of the Dnipro river. It has many square kilometers of steps, a lot of forests and rivers. The area of our region is shared by the deep river valleys and ravines. 291 rivers flow in our region, more than 10 kilometers long. By the way our native town of Pavlograd stands on the river Volchia and five kilometers from it flows the river Samara. The main water artery of our region, as in Ukraine is one of the longest rivers in Europe the Dnipro. Also my region is situated in the stepper and a forest- stepper zones. The forests occupy about 4% of its territory.
It is known that Dnipropetrovsk region is famous for its agriculture, industry and minerals. From the lessons of Geography I learned that It is rich in black and red coal, iron and manganese ore, oil, natural gaze, raze and color metals. Our region has various minerals for building industry, such as: granite (Nicopol deposit), kaolin (Prosyana deposit), dolomite (Kryvy-Rig deposit), fire-resistant clay (Pyatyhatky deposit), basalt, marble, limestone and others. As I known only Dnipropetrovsk region has deposit of talk-monazite (Pravdynsk deposit).
As for me I live in Pavlograd. My town is not big but it has rich, glorious and interesting history. Our town was founded by Cossack Matviy Hyzhnyk in 1770. Later it was named in honor of the son Pavlo of Russian empress Kateryna. More than 113 000 people live in Pavlograd and many famous people has lived and worked in the town, such as the poetess Hanna Svytlychna, the theatre producer Borys Zahava, the designer of tanks Zhozef Kotin, the family of Holubytskyi.
I like to go sightseeing in our town. For example: the peoples theatre of name B. Zahava, the town historical museum, the museum of the poetess H. Svitlichna, there are some orthodox churches, the Catholic Cathedral and the Alley of Glory.
All in all Dnipropetrovsk region and the town of Pavlograd is the place where I was born, so I love my native land.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий